7-Zip - 15.05 beta (2015-06-14) for Windows
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression
7-Zip is open source software. Most of the
source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The
unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL +
unRAR restrictions. Check license information
here: 7-Zip license.
You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a
computer in a commercial organization.
You don't need to register
or pay for 7-Zip.
The main features
of 7-Zip :
• High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA
and LZMA2 compression
• Supported formats :
* Packing / unpacking : 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP,
TAR, ZIP and WIM
* Unpacking only : ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS,
DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI,
NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM,
XAR and Z.
• For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a
compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the
ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
• Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP
• Self-extracting capability for 7z format
• Integration with Windows Shell
• Powerful File Manager
• Powerful command line version
• Plugin for FAR Manager
• Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP /
2013 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT. There is a port
of the command line version to Linux/Unix.
Note : Use 7-Zip to Extract
(Decompress) files (and folders) from an archive
(eg : iso files) (Also zip and rar files)
(.iso file) => (Files and
Folders including setup.exe) : to install the